Orthopedics is the specialty involved with diagnosing and treating the musculoskeletal system. Capital Medical Center’s Orthopedic Program treats a wide assortment of injuries and diseases of the skeleton, including hand surgery.
Most orthopedic physicians use minimally invasive procedures to help reduce pain and speed recovery. Musculoskeletal problems affect one in every four people and can strike nearly every area of your body.
Capital Medical Center’s medical staff has highly-skilled orthopedic surgeons specializing in all areas of orthopedics. To find an orthopedic physician, click on the link to be directed to the hospital’s medical staff directory.
- According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons:
- Arthritis is the leading chronic condition reported by the elderly
- Back or spine injuries are the most prevalent musculoskeletal conditions
- Sprains, dislocations and fractures account for almost half of all musculoskeletal injuries
- More than half of all athletic injuries occur in the knee. Orthopedic surgeons treat knees more often than any other part of the body
- Carpal tunnel syndrome accounts for more than two million physician visits a year
Some other conditions that may cause you to visit an Orthopedic physician include:
- Joint Reconstruction
- Broken Bones
- Sports Injuries
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hand injuries
- Foot, Ankle injuries
Washington State’s Top Orthopedic Program
The Joint & Spine Center at Capital Medical was designated the best in Washington State in 2010 and was placed in the top 10% out of 5,000 hospitals nationwide for the last four years. The success of Capital’s program is a direct result of our team approach of our highly skilled physicians, nurses, and physical therapists that provide a variety of sophisticated, specialized treatment options. These options focus on education, lifestyle adjustments, physical therapy and medication therapy, all in a caring environment. And if surgery is required, Capital Medical Center offers advanced surgical alternatives including joint replacement, spine surgery, and total knee replacement.
This is what you would expect from the #1 overall orthopedic services program in Washington State (HealthGrades, 2010). For more information about the Joint & Spine Center at Capital Medical, call our Joint & Spine Coordinator at 360-956-1296.