Gynecology is the medical practice dealing with the health of the female reproductive system (uterus, vagina, and ovaries. Capital Medical Center’s entire 4th floor is devoted to women. Whether you are a soon to be new mom or post-surgery, this floor is specially designed with a women’s needs in mind.
Whether its osteoporosis screenings, mammograms, ultrasounds or other procedures your physician recommends, Capital Medical Center is available to provide you with compassionate and quality care. The nurses and staff of Capital Medical Center have experience in caring for surgical, chronic and acute care GYN patients. Capital Medical Center can also assist you in finding a physician who specializes in OB/GYN by clicking on the link that will direct you to our medical staff directory.
When CMC first introduced the concept of having an all-in-one birthing suite unit, the vision was a composite of what mothers said they wanted. That vision became a reality in October 1990. The private birthing suites have been so popular and well received that we again listened to our moms by expanding our services — more birthing suites and a larger nursery. In addition, we recently added window seats that provide a sleeping area for dad or a family member. Women’s Services is also equipped with its own operating room for caesarean section deliveries. Now the entire fourth floor is dedicated to Women’s Services.
We’d love to show you what our mothers and families appreciate:
- Staying in one place rather than moving from room to room through labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum care.
- Larger, private rooms to accommodate a spouse or support person overnight.
- The friendliness, attentiveness and skill of our nurses and physicians.
- A place for siblings so they can be part of the birthing process with a comfortable waiting room for families and special play area for children.
- The warm cozy atmosphere of home.